Friday, October 03, 2008

Where Did It Go?

I am an idiot some days. Ok, most days.

As I said in the previous post, I was put on a steroidal anti-inflammatory. The pharmacist that filled this prescription was thorough with me on the instructions for taking this medication. I guess this is an old medication, but the doctor felt that the old remedy may be just what I need. The best part of this anti-inflammatory is the dosing. It comes on a little card where you push the pills through the bottom.

I am to take the top line of six pills on day one. Check. I did that yesterday. Today I take the second line of pills, a total of five pills, taken in two installments. (is that the right word?) Then Friday I was to take line three, four pills, three on Saturday etc until I am down to the last pill.

My last installment for today's line was three pills to be taken after supper. I popped one pill out. Then the second. The third bugger is the one that gave me issues! I looked in my hand and it wasn't there. It wasn't still in the card with the rest of the pills. I started looking all around the sink area, on the floor, under and over the rugs, I can't find it. By the way, it's a little white pill. It's a good thing there are no pets here. They would probably find it immediately.

Brother Phil was upstairs in his room so I asked him for help. He came to the bathroom, flashlight in hand, and together we combed the room thoroughly looking for this little white pill. Nowhere to be found.

I'm not that up on many medications. But since this one had such a strict dosing schedule, I thought maybe one pill might be important. So, I called my Walgreen's pharmacist! I was lucky enough to get the same pharmacist that talked to me at length yesterday on this very pill. I explained to him what an idiot I am, what I did and now I can't find the pill.

I then asked him how important that one pill was. Should I just take four out of five today and then the four tomorrow and three the next day and on and on? Or, should I take one from tomorrow to make five today, and just keep stealing one from ahead to make the current day correct until I got to the day of one pill and just not take any? Did it really matter?

I guess it did.

There is one pill waiting at the pharmacy for me to pick up any time. At no charge. One pill. I can't wait to walk in the pharmacy tomorrow and admit I'm the idiot that lost one pill. One. At least this wasn't the worst blunder I've done!

No comments: