Saturday, February 18, 2012

Beauty, Photo Challenge

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.  One challenge, two different interpretations.  Please take a look at Georgia and Lisa to see their unique views of beauty.  Now throw me into the mix and get a third opinion!

In my opinion, many different kinds of things are beautiful.  Children playing, music, the sunshine, Lake Erie, people, things, works of art, the list is endless.  I had a ton of pictures and just couldn't decide what to go with.  I've pared it down and here is what I see as beautiful.

Mother Nature is beautiful.   Look what she did to Phil's windshield the other morning.


Speaking of Mother Nature, this was next to the walking trail over at Mercy Hospital this morning.  Very peaceful, very beautiful scenery.


I love art.  While I can't explain it or probably even understand most of it, I know what I like.  I absolutely loved the statues in the front of St. Mary's Church on West 8th Street.  The statue of St. Joseph and Jesus was all in white,  but the fact that the flowers in Jesus' had were in color just blew me away.  This is absolutely beautiful in my eyes.


Trying to eat healthier, it's a beautiful thing to be able to cook the same food but in a healthier way.  We love pork chops, probably because I fry them in Crisco (lard)!   These pork chops were fried on my new family size George Foreman grill.  If this isn't beautiful, I don't know what is!  And, as a bonus, no breading and NO oil!  They were awesome!


It's a no brainer that I think my cats are beautiful.  I bought the cats a new toy today.  It's like another cat tree and it hangs from a door.  Penelope was so jiggy with the bottom hole of the tree.  She is peaceful, and definitely beautiful, chillin' in there.


Lastly, the beauty of a love between mama and kitty.  Benny loves me and that is beautiful.


How is that for an eclectic mix of pictures!    Beauty.  It comes in all shapes and sizes.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You're the only one who included a picture of herself for the beauty challenge - way to go!

Unknown said...

HA! That was NOT my intention! That is funny!!! Big oops!

Georgia said...

I think that this picture is really beautiful. And not only the cat!
I like to see pics with you.