Monday, February 13, 2012

Black and White, Photo Challenge

Black and white.  I have to tell you, this is becoming a new passion of mine.  I have been taking a lot of black and white photos lately, even if I haven't been posting any.  It really is a fun and new way to look at things.

First a busy day checking out at the library.  I told you, I love my library!  It's a good place to watch the people.


One of my new favorite places to take pictures, Elmwood Cemetery.  I thought this was the perfect place for some black and white shots.


Another fun place to take pictures is by the pond behind where I work.  I've gotten some great shots back here on nice sunny days, but this was my first try on black and whites.  I was very happy with some of the shots!


I am learning SO much with our photo challenges.  This has really been such a fun exercise!  Black and whites I think are going to be a new favorite, right up there with the macro challenges!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Ewww...tax forms. Reminds me of what I have urgently to do the next day. Ans I HATE it.

Your shots are great. Love the library in B&W. Love them all. B&W is sort of more graphic, which I love.

Happy Valentine's day, Ree.

Lisa said...

These are great shots! The first library one is just...WOW! It looks so bright and spacious. I like the cemetery one also. I haven't tried shooting there in the snow, but I am inspired by the way that looks in your picture.