Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hard, Photo Challenge

Hard.   You can look at this challenge a few different ways.  Here was my interpretation on "hard".

First, an afghan I have been trying to finish for awhile.  The way you crochet this pattern is that you crochet the pattern INTO the afghan as you're going.  That means that right now there are 26 balls of yarn hanging from the afghan.  I work one color, drop it when the color changes, pick up the new color, etc etc etc.  This take some concentration to do and with two cats running around, dangling yarn is NOT a good idea.  So, it's hard to get back into crocheting like I used to.  I need to get this afghan done already!


It is hard to try to keep the house clean with two grown men living here.  Yeah, this is hard.


It's extremely hard to leave Hemingway outside. This is my outside cat of over a year and I want him to be an inside cat. I tried again today as he was covered with snow to come in.  He comes in fine but as soon as the door shuts behind him, he freaks out.  Today he tried to jump out the window of the door to get back outside.  It's hard watching him deal with the elements out there instead of safe and warm in here.


Life ain't easy.  If this is what is hard in my life, I should consider myself lucky.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

O dear, I know why I am not crotcheting any more. I'm too impatient and once I would simply cut all threads. LOL. Looks awesome, Ree. What will it be, a warm and cozy blanket? Well. my daughter announced that she is going to make a knitted blanket for her room. Seems as if I have to be more patient when showing here how to knit...
Cleaning the house with two men in it is really, really, really hard, Ree! I know, they never take care!

Georgia said...

Forgotten: It seems as if you kitty needs being free and outside. And I understand that you are very afraid of might happen to it. It would be the same with my dogs, but fortunately dogs stay at home. Let's hope that it will have a wonderful and long cat-life.