Sunday, February 26, 2012

Household, Photo Challenge

Household.  I have been running around the house today trying to figure out what would portray my household.  So, here was my day, a typical Sunday in my household.

First, it's usually laundry day.  My sister does laundry every three or four weeks!  Ok, for real, I only have enough underwear to last me one week.  Yeah, maybe I should go shopping.  But, I digress.  Today had to be laundry day or else tomorrow would be commando day.


Then, there was dishes.  I was a lazy bones last night so this is actually last night's supper dishes and this morning's breakfast dishes.  I really hate a sink full of dirty dishes.  I had TWO sinks full of dirty dishes.


After I did breakfast/supper dishes, it was time to make lunch.  Remember, when Mama is on a diet, everyone is on a diet!  So, turkey and cheese paninis for both of us!  Add some cooked carrots and an apple and it was a good healthy lunch.  By the way, have I mentioned lately how much I love my new George Foreman grill?  They also make great paninis!!


And, here is the best one.  Gratuitous cat story here.

I'm finishing my laundry, pairing socks.  I am short one of my black work socks.  Hmm, where could it be?  Still stuck in the washer?  No.  In the dryer?  No.  Hmm, where could it be?  In Benny's carrier, of course!


Benny has something going on with my work socks.  He will take dirty socks off of the laundry pile, he'll take clean ones out of the laundry basket and he's even been known to jump into the dryer, take out my sock and go off with it.  I love that boy!  One extra sock will be in next week's laundry.

As a side story, Benny likes to lay in his carrier.  As long as I'm not zipping it up to take him to the vet, he loves that carrier.  So I leave it on the basement floor and it's one of his napping places.  This is just the first time I've seen him put my sock in there.

So there is a small look into a day in my household.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Oh my dear, this could be my household. Everywhere the same! They can fly to the moon, why don't they invent something against all the work in the house!? Some self washing laundry or dishes that never get dirty? Sigh!

Unknown said...

AMEN!

Ahh, that would be heaven!