Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Road Signs, Photo Challenge

I'll be honest, I chose this particular challenge.  I chose it because I saw a specific road sign that I thought needed to be on the blog!  Unfortunately, once we got the list settled and this topic made the cut, I can't for the LIFE of me remember what in the heck inspired me to call this challenge!  So I had to wing it.  I've been driving around town for a week trying to get re-inspired.  Here is what I came up with.

I was driving aimlessly around, and the Five Man Electrical Band song going through my head:
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign, blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind.
Which means you have to start with a "do not enter" sign!


These signs crack me up.  I have junk, you want some??  I did erase part of their phone number though.  No free advertising from me!


No wonder I can't find my way around town!  Who's turning the signs upside down, totally changing the Route number??  For real, people.  You can't mess with me like this!


Lastly, welcome to the craziness that is the City of Lorain!  Gotta love her!


Here's hoping the road signs are all in your favor and help you find your way home.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great catch on the 611 sign! I rarely go that way and when I do, I'm too busy trying to avoid the terminally stupid.
Too bad WoM didn't last long enough to still deserve a sticker on the city sign. I hope Chase has it removed.

Georgia said...

This is great! People are messing around with road signs all over the world I think. It's really luringly to do such pranks.
Your article gave me the idea that I could post some common German/European traffic signs just to compare. Also the traffic lights for pedestrians: At us there is a red standing manikin on it or are green and walking one. And there is a special kind of manikin in the former DDR (now our "new " states) and the old BRD. It's funny!

Unknown said...

Lisa - you'll have to tell me that story some time! It sounds like WoM was more than just a blog! I wondered about that when I saw that on the sign!

Georgia - Depending on where you are, we also have the red and green walking man signal. I guess I never thought about it! Some are a man, some are a hand! I think this one turns to the walking green man when it's ok to walk.