Friday, February 17, 2012

Trees/Plants, Photo Challenge

So many ideas I had for this one.  Unfortunately, in  February, nothing that I saw in my mind's eye is photo worthy right now.  I may have to resurrect this one on my own in the summer!

But, here is what I did find.  First, it was amazing to see how this tree/bush grew around/through/over/under/into this fence.  I am surprised that the fence is still standing and I'm surprised the tree/bush seems to be thriving!


This is in my friend's back yard.  To me, this looks like a sad, lonely tree!


Now let's look back to work. I have been having a run on plants this year!  First, my niece JoBeth took some clippings off of her plants at home, put them together and gave me a little love for my desk at work!  Is she the BEST or what?!!  One of the little strings of ivy on the left may not make it through the weekend, but the rest of it is thriving and growing.  I bet this little guy has doubled in size since I got him!


I think I killed this one!  I got this one from my sister Cathie for my birthday.  Um, it WAS looking good but, um, well, er . . . I think it's a goner for sure.


Well, it USED to be a plant.  It fit today's theme.  Sort of.

And here is another goner.  I have some plum trees in the yard.  It has some kind of plum tree ick.  I've had a landscaper in here a couple of years ago looking at them.  I wanted to try to save the trees and the landscaper did his best.  He thought he had cut away all of the bad and took the trees down to good healthy limbs.  These trees REALLY got a hair cut that year.  He thought we had a 50/50 chance of saving the trees.  Well, a few months later, the ick was back and as you can see, the ick is growing strong.  Just another thing on the list of  things to do as a homeowner.  My icky plum trees.


Trees and plants in the winter time in Lorain Ohio.

5 comments:

Georgia said...

I never saw such ick on a plumtree before. For me it looks like a fungus and sadly if I am right, this would be the end for this tree. You can't save it by cutting or by chemicals, the fungus comes back, because it is in the air and everwhere. The best way would be cutting it totally down and burning (!) the twigs and clean everything you used with alcohol afterwards. But I'm not very hoepful that this fungus won't come back. Maybe it's better to remove the trees and plant some totally different. I had a similar problem with a pear tree. It looked orange, the leaves, the branches, all orange, and it was a fungus.

Awww, this one plant that didn't survive. I must confess that no plant in the house survives apart from the old cactus of my granny. But the reason is that I don't want plants inside the house, so I "forget" watering them. My uncle always gives me plants when he comes for a visit. Two of them are still surviving my water-diet. LOL.

Nice shots with the tree and the bush in the fence!

Your capcha system goes mad. LOL! It offers me greek letters to type for proving that I am no robot. LOL! Hhow shall I type greek letters!? Next time it's offering Russian or Chinese letters I suppose. Too funny!

Unknown said...

I know the trees can't be saved. I just don't have the money to have them taken out. I would like to have them taken out and plant some arbor vitae there.

This is on my list of things to do! It's a long list though!

Georgia said...

I wish I could come and take it down for you. Hugs!

Lisa said...

Looks like your niece plant could use a bigger pot. Maybe you should replace the dead african violet with it.

Unknown said...

That's a good idea, Lisa! I know I need to throw it out but it still sits right on my desk. JUST in case it decides it's only sleeping and not dead yet! :)