Friday, March 02, 2012

Get Off of Me!

Yes, it's a cat story!  In case you forgot, this is my Penelope.


My Penelope is a good girl.  She is totally different from Benny though.  Benny wants to jump and climb on everything he can find.  If it's an inch off of the floor, he wants to be there.  Penelope on the other hand, is very happy to stay on the floor.  She will get on the one cupboard by the refrigerator but only to get away from Benny.

If she sleeps in the bedroom with us, she will sleep on the floor next to the bed on Ron's dirty clothes.  I had tried to put a pillow on the floor for her, but she didn't want anything to do with it.  She wants on the floor, or on Ron's clothes.

She has been on the bed but that is a rare occasion.

Two nights ago, I was sleeping pretty soundly for a change.  Then, out of nowhere, I am awake and I feel like I'm being choked!  What the hell is Ron up to?!!  But no, he was innocent.  I had Penelope up on my chest and her butt was on my neck!  Well, no wonder I felt like I was being choked!  She's about 15 pounds and that is heavy when it's your neck.  So, here's my cat who's never on the bed, laying on me who is laying on the bed.  Good girl!

I did give her a shove to which she meowed her displeasure at having to move, but she did move down me a bit and off of my neck.  Ok, I was jiggy with that.  When I woke for good in the morning, she was actually laying on the bed but at the foot of the bed.  Maybe she finally realized that the bed is more comfy (and probably smells better!) than Ron's dirty clothes.

Last night, I was awake, laying there.  This time instead of on my back I was laying on my side.  Here comes my Penelope but this time, she crawled up on my hip.  That was a perfect place for her!  I was comfy, she was comfy, life was good.  Again, when I got up later, she was laying on the foot of the bed.

There is nothing like the feeling of one of the cats wanting to spend time with ME.  It's an amazing feeling for me.   I love this little girl, whether she is laying on my neck or not.  But seriously, I kinda do love her a little more when she's on my hip versus my neck.  Just sayin'

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Awwwwwww, sweet Penelope! I also loved my little dachshunds cuddling with me and I also sometimes took them with me into my bed. So long ago. I miss them.

Unknown said...

I feel for your pain. I lived for 48 years without cats and now I can't imagine spending one day without them.

HUGS!