Thursday, March 08, 2012

Weigh In Day

This blog is not going to turn into a weight loss blog or a commercial for Weight Watchers!  But, I did want to write about weigh in day!

Once a week I attend my Weight Watchers meeting.  Everyone lines up and nerves are high until you get the results of your weigh in.  No one sees the scale results but the Weight Watchers employee.  They print off your weight and it goes into your little progress book.

There has been advice from some of the people in WW that have been there longer than I have.  There are things you shouldn't do before a weigh in.  For example, you don't want a big bowl of soup the night before weigh in.  Too much salt, and you will retain water.  Water retention is NOT what you want on weigh in day!

Another thing that was suggested is that you do NOT use up all of your 49 extra weekly points all on the night before weigh in.  Yeah, that would be bad.  You also don't want to go eat a big dinner after work and THEN go weigh in.  That would be bad.

From my own observations, I know I watch even closer on weigh in day.  I will eat a lighter breakfast and lunch and use most of my points on dinner which comes after the weigh in.  Also, you want to make sure you have a bowel movement the day of weigh in.  C'mon now, this is a no-brainer!  I am not going on the scale with ANY extra weight!  In my family we are known for good bowels!  With weigh in looming, I have been having hysterical constipation every Thursday!  It's not fair!!

I will do anything to take another ounce off of the scale.  I shave my legs on Wednesday nights.  Hey, every little bit helps.  I make sure I pee before going in to the scales.  Like I said, every ounce counts!

After all is said and done, so far I am still amazed that this program works. Amazed.  I am eating a lot of food but it is better food.  I am not hungry and eating things like lasagna, ice cream and potato chips, I sure don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Enough about that.  I am just so excited about this whole thing right now I could just spit!  I lost another 1.4 pounds this week bringing my total to 11.8 pounds.  I have put a little counter over on the right for anyone that wants to follow my progress.  I still have a long way to go but it all went on one pound at a time so now I have to take it off one pound at a time.

Tonight I met a woman who has lost 140 pounds with Weight Watchers.  140 POUNDS.  That's as much as a full grown adult.  Seeing her gives me hope and inspires me.  I think I CAN do this.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Congratulations. This is really awesome!

Unknown said...

Thank you!!! :)