Friday, March 09, 2012

Who's Wearing the Pants?

It's bad enough watching half the guys in my neighborhood with their pants around their knees.  Trust me, I do NOT want to see your underwear, or heaven forbid, what's poking out of it.  However, watching you try to walk with your legs spread apart while you try to hold your pants up with one hand without trying to look like you're holding your pants up IS comical to watch.  Yes, that is me driving by, looking at you, and smiling.  You look ridiculous.

That is not what this post is about.

There is a new trend out there that I understand even less than the pants around the knees thing.  When did it become fashion, or at least acceptable, to walk around in your pajama bottoms?

Driving to work in the morning, I see moms waiting for school buses with their kids.  Ok, those women in pajama bottoms, I can almost understand.  They are standing in front of their own houses trying to get their little snowflakes off to school in the morning.

Recently, I was getting my oil changed in my car at 4:30 in the afternoon.  A girl came in not only in pajama bottoms but fuzzy slippers as well.  Really?  A pair of sweat pants was too much for you to put on if you're too lazy to put pants on??  Pajama bottoms???  Slippers?

It's not just that day, I see them every day.  It's not just women either.  Men, women, girls, boys.  I'm not talking children, I'm talking teenagers.  I see them walking on the street, I see them in Walmart (ok, that one is probably a given!), they are in the grocery stores, at the park, everywhere.

I see cartoon clowns, Sponge Bob Square Pants, Homer Simpson, Spider Man, happy faces, Budweiser, moons and stars, you name it.  And yes, this is on the adults.  Definitely sleep wear.

When did this become acceptable?  When did it become ok to walk with your pants around your knees or not in pants at all?

When did I get so old and curmudgeonly?

6 comments:

Georgia said...

I'm totally with you! I hate these baggy pants with their bottoms reaching to the knees. It is ridiculous. But I never saw people in pajama pants outside. OMG, this is really disgusting! Shudder. I wonder when this kind of "fashion" comes to us. Everything comes a little later to us from America. So I guess also this new "fashion". And maybe it's already there in the big towns. OMG, I'm a fossil. I don't understand the world any more. Shake head.

Georgia said...

Look here! http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=176286642472760&id=838273251

Unknown said...

The link is broken. :-(

Georgia said...

I'm such a dumbass. I set my account "private" and did not realize that you can't see the page therefore. I made it public now. Sorry for that. But I think it works now.

Unknown said...

HA! That is it exactly!

Unknown said...

Yes I find it funny to watch myself. I could not bare to walk around like that, unless I'm being tourtured.