Thursday, April 05, 2012

Fragility, Photo Challenge

First, let me welcome a new player to our game!  C'mon down Taia, and show us what you find!!  A link to her blog has been added to the right.  Please make sure you go check her out while you're checking out what Lisa and Georgia found today!

This was a tough one.  So many things are fragile that you can't just snap a picture of it to portray what is in your mind.  Life.  Life is fragile.  How do you portray that in a picture?  So, my brothers Jim and Phil helped me out with part of this idea.  Thanks, guys!

This is the only good vase I own.  This is a lead crystal vase and I swear, I've had it forever but I'm afraid to use it.  I'm afraid it's going to shatter when I look at it!  It's a heavy piece, but in my mind, it's very fragile.


And, this is a self portrait of my back.  I was trying to capture the scar on my back from my back surgery.  I was fixed thanks to Dr. Roberts, but I feel I am living on borrowed time.  There is still so much wrong with my back, I feel fragile.  I think that one day my back will just not stand up to day to day living any longer and I will break in two.


Think about it.  Try taking a picture of our back side without your backside getting into the picture!  I have more pictures of my butt crack than I care to see in a life time.  Sad to say but this was the best in the bunch.  Part of that is due to the fact that I am a terrible photographer.  The other part of that is that Dr. Robers did me good when he cut me open.  I've had medical professionals recognize his work just based on the scar, or lack thereof.

Bottom line, my back is VERY fragile.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

What a beautiful vase! I love lead crystal!

Be careful with you back! I hope it will once get no longer fragile. Hugs!

Lisa said...

You are brave to have that beautiful vase in Bennyland.