Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gem, Photo Challenge

During my short lived photography class, I spent part of an evening in downtown Lorain snapping pictures.  There was a jewelry store just down from where my class was and I was in the window taking pictures of all the pretty stuff.  This was one of the pretty gems for sale at Nielsen Jewelers.


Another interpretation of "gem" is a treasure.  I thought this was a treasure, when wildlife chooses to share our space with us.  Here, some birds have made a nest against the building at work.  I keep watching trying to get pictures of the new home owners but so far, nothing.  This nest is still gem in my opinion.


And, you know how I love to add some cat shots to any photo challenge!  But for real, this one fits!  These two ARE the gems in my life!  I love them!  Penelope in the basket and Benny not giving her any peace.


Make sure you check out the other challenge participants, Lisa, Georgia and Taia.  The links to their blogs are on the right.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I lve the jewel, of course, but I most love the different interpretations you made. Good work and awesome way to interpret the topic!

Lisa said...

You got some nice pix downtown! Nielsen's has some of the prettiest sparklies.
And those kitties sure are gems!