Thursday, April 12, 2012

Me and My New Friend!

I told you I'm behind with blogging, so I'm going to try to make the time to get caught up!

Recently, Ron and I both cleaned off our desks in the office at home.  This is one of those things we need to do more often, for sure!  Ron found some good stuff in his piles!  Some Christmas and/or birthday gifts of gift certificates to various restaurants!  Bonus!!  I'm not going to tell you how many Christmases this goes back to though!

One of these gift certificates was to the Vintage House Cafe on Detroit Road in Avon.  Ron and I like trying new places and new places are better with old friends.  We grabbed Lisa and Chuck and went to have a night out a few weeks ago.

I remember years ago, this place used to be an antique shop.  One day a long time ago when my Dad and brother Jim were visiting, we had all gone into this antique shop.  I'm not much of an antiquer but shops like this were fun with my Dad.  So many things that you would have NO idea what they were, my Dad could tell you all about them and probably had one or two of them either at home or in the barn in Sheffield PA.  My Dad just knew everything.

Anyway, I guess they have now turned it into a cafe with a smaller gift shop upstairs.  We didn't check out the gift shop as we just went there for the food and fun.  The place was nice, clean, our server was excellent and the food was ok. 

There seemed to be two rooms for dining.  One room had a piano in it and that was the room where we sat.  I don't mind piano music and this lady was actually quite good.  I even wanted to break out into song a few times to sing along with her but we all know how badly I sing.  I happen to like Lisa and Chuck and did not want to subject them to hearing me sing!

However, for a small room the piano was way too loud which made conversation difficult.  They did give us the opportunity to change tables when they seated us, but I say, "come for the dinner, stay for the show!"

This lady ended up being a hoot.  She had come over to talk to us during her break and she really was all that and a bucket of chicken.  She has been a professional musician for more years than I've been around and she was feisty, vivacious and just plain old sassy!  She was blinged out and ready to put on a show.  For real, she was everything I want to be when I grow up!

Her name is Sarah Marie Klingler and with my basic skills at googling, the only thing I could find was one of her CDs for sale on ebay!  This is the CD that she handed out to us the night we were there.  A free gift for being at the show.  Bonus!

I asked her if she would take a picture with me as I thought this was too good of a blogging opportunity to pass up.  So, here we are.  She is the cute one on the right, in case you weren't sure!


The Vintage House Cafe.  I don't know if I would go back for the food but I would definitely go back for the entertainment!  Get down with your bad self, Ms. Klingler!  Thanks for making our night!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Wow, cute picture and GREAT adventure, just what I would love. I love live music (good music), I love sitting in a cafe and I love antique shops. Best combination for me. I think I could move in if they let me. Unfortunately it's a bit far away from me. :o(
Thank you for sharing this great adventure. Lisa is lucky to be with you on this visit.

Cathie said...

Nice t-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!