Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Old, Photo Challenge

Old. I was going to just take a picture of me.  Or, my brother Phil!  But I decided to find something else that is really old.

I headed to one of the places I love to take photos.  Charleston Cemetery in Lorain.


Here is the gravestone of someone that died when he was 50 years old.  Hey, I'm 49.  But back in 1867, 50 years was OLD.  Not many people in this cemetery lived 50 years.


1848 wasn't a good year either.  This tombstone is old.

Old.  And with no pictures of me!  But I have some stuff of mine that is old.

I'm not a collector and I don't do trinkets.  However, I have two things that I have carried around with me forever.  Move after move, state to state, these two things got packed up and then unpacked and put on my desk.

This was from my Mom.  Way back, I'm guessing around 1973, my Mom and my Grandma went to Czechoslovakia where my Grandma was from.  This little trinket was one of the things my Mom brought back.  I don't remember if she brought this back specifically FOR me but I ended up with it.  It means something to me because it was from my Mom.  It still sits on my desk, holding paperclips.


Another thing I've had forever is this statue.  I remember my Grandma (the same one that went to Czechoslovakia with my Mom) gave me this statue.  I know I was young when I got this.  It's seen better days, but like the little trinket above, this statue has moved with me state to state and has remained on my desk and my dresser before that.  This is a statue of Mary, the Mother of God as a child with her Mother, St. Anne.  I remember Grandma gave this to me as these two women were my name sakes.


Here is old as seen in my world.  Make sure you check out Lisa and Georgia's world.  The links to them are on the right.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the beautiful treasures you have from the special women in your life.

I wish there was something we could do to persuade the caretaker to resume the occasional tours of that cemetery. She is so knowledgeable and the way she talks about the people buried there, you'd swear she knows them personally.

Georgia said...

Oh, this is a wonderful post. You know, I love cemeteries and I love old things that have a special story. These are real treasures you have!