Friday, April 13, 2012

That's Just Wrong, Page 27

Ron and I were out a couple of weeks ago and we happened to be in my car.  I needed gas in my car so we stopped on the way home.

I stopped at the BP gas station on Route 611 just north of Chester Road.  That will be the last time I do that!

I put my credit card in, followed the instructions.  When you press the button to select which grade of gas you want, the pump should zero out and you are ready to start pumping.  Here is how pump 5 at the BP gas station on Colorado Avenue just north of Chester Road zeroed out:


I know I'm fighting over pennies but it's MY pennies that I work too damn hard for while they are raping all of us over their record profits every quarter.  I guess this is one way to boost that revenue, BP.

Before I did anything, I went into the store.  I said HOW is the pump starting at $.23 before I do anything?  The girl at the counter said "oh yeah, we've been having problems with pump 5".  REALLY???  No kidding!

You'd have thought a normal person would have put an "out of order" sign on this pump until it was fixed.  They had at least one other pump with an "out of order" sign on it so I know they know how to do it.  Then again, if they can rack up an additional $.23 from every customer using that pump, or at least 90% of people using that pump, how much extra revenue can they generate?  Are ALL the pumps off or just that one?  Was the one that was marked as "out of order" actually working correctly which is why it was shut off?

She reached right into the register to give me my $.23 back but this was ridiculous.  I did end up gassing up my car but I did what I do every time I put gas in my car, I verify that the pumps are calculating correctly.  For example, if gas is $3.999 per gallon, I always stop the pump at 10 gallons to make sure the price is $39.99 before I continue filling my tank.  Every time I gas up I do this.  Have I mentioned I'm anal retentive?

I haven't caught anyone who's internal pricing is different than what is posted, but this is not the first time I found a pump that didn't go to zero BEFORE I started pumping gas.  I always have my camera on me now, people.  I will call you out on this.

BP gas station on Route 611 just north of Chester Road:  That's just wrong!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I call it fraud, what they do, when they don't put out an "out of order sign". It's definitely illegal and I can understand you very well. I would have reacted like you.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a call to the County Auditor's Office is in order. I do believe that is the deputy auditor's sticker on the pump.