Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Words, Photo Challenge

Words.  They can heal, they can hurt, they can make us laugh.  They can even make us scratch our heads.  Here are a few words that made me scratch my head.

This sign used to be at Route 57 and Detroit Road.  Roni Deutch had enough money to saturate the market with TV commercials, too bad she didn't spend a few bucks on a grammar checker.  "Opened" is past tense.  Open is present tense.  Although, now that I think of it, perhaps the sign is correct since this business is no longer in this building.  So, it WAS opened, but it is no longer open.  One of those things that bugged the heck out of me every time I drove by.


Here is another one.  How do I "prepay in advance"?  If I am prepaying, is that not IN advance of service?  How do I "prepay in advance"?  Does this mean that I need to go in today if I need gas tomorrow??  I think this is a little redundant at the Circle K on Broadway. 


And, this sign I saw in the plaza at Route 611 and Leavitt Road.  A big empty plaza.  Why is this sign telling me that I am not allowed to TRAP on these premises?  For real?  What would I be trapping here?  Rats???

















I love words.  I know I'm not the best writer or speaker, but I think I know silly when I see it.   Here are three pictures of silly.

Please make sure you go check out our other challenge participants, Lisa, Georgia and Taia and see what words they are posting today.

4 comments:

gramster said...

Don't ya just love it when sign makers forget to think!

Georgia said...

Nobody needs those signs! LOL

The first sign is the funniest, because it's so true.

Unknown said...

And, as someone who wanted to remain anonymous pointed out, Roni screwed up with opened year AROUND. Really?

Duh!

Lisa said...

LOL you find the best signs!
There are one too many numbers in her phone number, too. Can't imagine why they didn't succeed at the math business!
Prepay in advance is the BESTEST!
As for trapping rats, hey now, each to their own ;-)