Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Even the gum is out to get me

Some days it probably doesn't pay to get out of bed!

I like to chew gum.  I chew it at work so I don't keep putting food in my mouth.  I chew it in the evening at home for pretty much the same reason.  What I normally buy is Extra gum, in sticks.


When I was buying gum at the grocery store last week, I bought the wrong stuff.  Hey, it started with an "E"!  I was close!!



The good thing about the sticks of Extra is that you can unwrap the gum easily from the wrapper and pop in in your mouth.  As an added bonus, you then have the wrapper that can be used later to dispose of the gum!

The Eclipse gum, you have to push the little chicklet type candy through the foil backing to get it out.



I popped a piece of gum out of the back of the package and then tried to pop it right in my mouth from there.  Would you like to know what I learned?  I learned that the damn foil is REALLY sharp!  Yes, I sliced my lip like you wouldn't believe.

Supposedly, I am a grown up, responsible adult.  That doesn't mean that I don't need rubber guards on all corners and maybe a handler of some sort to keep me safe!

Sheesh!

No comments: