Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe it's Thanksgiving!

It's actually been a quiet day.  Our big family dinner is on Saturday so today was spent with some laundry, a little cleaning, and a frozen pizza for dinner.  Yeah, that's how we roll!

So, dinner on Saturday at my nephew's house.  We've split up the cooking duties and on my list is:

1.)  Make City Chicken.  My idea . . . I have a hankering!
2.)  Make Stuffing
3.)  Make carrots
4.)  Bring applesauce
5.)  Bring gravy
6.)  Pick up birthday cake (My sister-in-law's birthday!)

I hope that's all on my list because that's all I have written down! Anyway, I need to tell you about the gravy.  That should be one of the easiest things on my list!

One thing you should know about me.  I am not a fan of gravy.  Don't know why, it's just not on my top 100 list.  We are having 14 people for dinner, I don't eat gravy, so I needed enough gravy for 13 people.  Simple math.  I figured I'd need . . . two jars!

I told my brother Mike that I was going to pick some up gravy at Fligner's last Saturday when I stopped there to get the meat for the City Chicken.  I was all over Fligner's and could find NO gravy.  I texted Mike to tell him I'd pick it up during the week from Giant Eagle since I couldn't find any.

Well, he was at Giant Eagle last Sunday and picked it up for me.  When he came to work Monday, he put it in my car since I'm the one that still needs to heat it up.  For real!  It's on my list!

I got home, unpacked the car and wondered what in the HELL Mike handed over to me!  Was there a frozen turkey in these bags?  They were heavy!  Here's what I had:


TEN BOTTLES of gravy!  Are you kidding me????  Did I mention that there are at the most 13 gravy eating people?  And turkey is NOT our main protein!  And there are NO mashed potatoes on our menu?!?!?  WTH!!

So, I'm still going with we only need two bottles.  I'll carry them all over, and I've been told to heat up five or six of them.  Talk about over kill.

Stay tuned for a gravy drama update!  I am guessing we'll have enough gravy . . . for a couple of years!

No comments: