Sunday, December 20, 2015

Which is Worse?

I was cleaning the bathroom this morning and I started to think about cleaning.  Specifically, what is the WORST part of cleaning your house.

I mean seriously, no part of cleaning your house is fun, but let's face it, some chores are better than others.

So, I tried to come up with what was my least favorite part.  You'd think it had to do with scooping poop.  Let's face it, I have four cats.  That means I have five litter boxes which get cleaned between three and seven times a week.  One thing about cats, that are great at peeing, pooping and puking.  I clean up all three so regularly that none of it bothers me anymore.

Cleaning up cat hair?  Naw, again, it's part of every day life around here.  My favorite is scraping up the cat hair that is glued to the floor by hairspray.  Good times!

Cleaning a toilet?  Not the worst thing I can think of.  Cleaning grout?  Nope, not even close.

I contacted some family members to find out what their least favorite chore was. 

My sister Cathie said her least favorite was cleaning the tub.  Yuck, not a fun job.

Jim said his least favorite was a tie between doing dishes and dusting.  Yeah, like I said,  none are great and I'm not a fan of either of these either.

Jenny's was a toss up between mopping the floors and finding homes for all the the stuff the boys have!  Ugh, there has to be an easier way!

My least favorite??  I HATE, and I mean HATE . . . cleaning the hair from the vacuum sweeper's roller.  This job makes me gag every time.  I don't know what there is about this job but I absolutely hate it and would happily pay someone to clean it out for me every week.

Oh yeah, and then that person can clean the tub, do the dishes, dust, mop the floors and put all of MY crap away!  They all suck!

1 comment:

Jim said...

And yet, when the cat hair is still on the cat, you enjoy running fingers thru the fur, but when fur is on rollers, Yuck! I know exactly what you mean! Ewwww, U J