Monday, January 11, 2016

Winter Found Me!

As much as I tried living in denial, I really am in Ohio and it really is winter!

We may have had a flake or two of snow fall before but yesterday it finally came down with enough oomph to actually stick.


This was early in the storm and it kept snowing for a few more hours after this.  There wasn't enough that I had to go out and shovel it, but my driveway is a sheet of ice.  It's too cold for salt to do much so I'm crossing my fingers waiting for this to melt before I fall on my ass.

What a dreary day with so much more of this coming right behind this storm.  It was the kind of day to stay in your jammies and cook a big pot of soup.  That's pretty much what I did!

I chose to make a pot of lentil soup.  It's been so long since I've made lentil soup I really couldn't remember how.  So I did a couple of quick google searches and picked the easiest parts out of a couple of recipes (yes, ME!) and even added a few more things.  I gotta tell you the soup turned out awesome!!  This was a great meal for leftovers too.  I think soup is always better the longer it sits.  This one had lots of lentils, lots of veggies and lots of flavor.  Go me!


The drive to work was surprisingly cautious.  I know, the first snow and people forget how to drive.  But aside from the one joker that ended up spun out on someone's tree lawn, everyone seemed to be driving well and I made it to work safe and sound.  I just saw on TV though that this is just the tip of the iceberg though as it's going to get ugly on Tuesday.

Winter.  It finally found me.  Can't say I'm thrilled with that.

No comments: